Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderator: xnview

Strepfinger
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:34 am

Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Post by Strepfinger »

Hi, I have tried to resolve this with workarounds, but no luck so far. I like to have the viewer open as a window, snapped to the side of the screen, as I'm browsing images while writing notes, etc. Having maximum vertical viewing space is important for me, therefore I have the titlebar turned off, but this renders the window unmovable and unresizeable (I have default zoom set to fit to screen). Is there any way to enable Titlebar show/hide in the shortcuts, or enable window dragging by clicking the status bar? Three-finger drag won't work, as I have the gesture set for switching desktops.
Cheers!
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48688
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Post by xnview »

could you post a screenshot?
Strepfinger
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:34 am

Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Post by Strepfinger »

There you go, the blank space at the top is hidden MacOS menu bar
screenshot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkm
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat May 11, 2024 12:43 am

Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Post by jkm »

Strepfinger wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:44 am ... this renders the window unmovable and unresizeable...
Have you tried the Mac keyboard shortcuts for moving & resizing windows?
Strepfinger
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:34 am

Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS

Post by Strepfinger »

Yes, they don't work for some reason, on any app. I have my modifier keys swapped (ctl and fn/globe) this might be tripping it up.