Hi, I have tried to resolve this with workarounds, but no luck so far. I like to have the viewer open as a window, snapped to the side of the screen, as I'm browsing images while writing notes, etc. Having maximum vertical viewing space is important for me, therefore I have the titlebar turned off, but this renders the window unmovable and unresizeable (I have default zoom set to fit to screen). Is there any way to enable Titlebar show/hide in the shortcuts, or enable window dragging by clicking the status bar? Three-finger drag won't work, as I have the gesture set for switching desktops.
Cheers!
Viewer window dragging in MacOS
Moderator: xnview
-
xnview
- Author of XnView
- Posts: 48688
- Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
- Location: France
Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS
could you post a screenshot?
-
Strepfinger
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:34 am
Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS
There you go, the blank space at the top is hidden MacOS menu bar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
jkm
- Posts: 710
- Joined: Sat May 11, 2024 12:43 am
Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS
Have you tried the Mac keyboard shortcuts for moving & resizing windows?Strepfinger wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:44 am ... this renders the window unmovable and unresizeable...
-
Strepfinger
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2026 11:34 am
Re: Viewer window dragging in MacOS
Yes, they don't work for some reason, on any app. I have my modifier keys swapped (ctl and fn/globe) this might be tripping it up.