How can I disable the drag and drop feature?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderator: xnview

Berti
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2025 8:59 am

How can I disable the drag and drop feature?

Post by Berti »

Hi.

According to this thread we should have a confirmation dialogue for drag&drop operations since 2024:
viewtopic.php?t=45990

Where is this feature? I cannot find any option for that.

The drag&dop "feature" of XnView MP is a huge pain for me!!
  • It does not have any confirmation dialogue.
  • It reacts directly to the right mouse button and the slightest drag.
  • It reacts to other mouse buttons (for example forward/backwards).
  • It reacts to clicks and slightest drags of other folders and moves random folders there without any warning.
  • There's no undo function (for example suggested here: viewtopic.php?p=207276).
Example behaviour see video attached!
(XnView MP 1.11.5 [10169])

In my opinion, that's a HUGE problem. I accidentally moved several folders because of this strange behaviour. And if you don't notice it you will never find your files again.

Please fix this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
user0
XnThusiast
Posts: 3124
Joined: Sat May 09, 2015 9:37 am

Re: How can I disable the drag and drop feature?

Post by user0 »

user0 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 3:30 pm done in 181 via [Browser] noDrag=true
maybe add new context menu option for convenience, eg 'Draggable' or 'Enable Drag&Drop'
add highlighted into corresponding section of xnview.ini file
Berti
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2025 8:59 am

Re: How can I disable the drag and drop feature?

Post by Berti »

Alright, that works. Thank you.

Anyway:
  • Why is this still no simple option in the settings menu?
  • The default faulty behaviour seen in the video should be fixed anyway.