1.115 problem with dragging the input box

*** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: xnview, Dreamer

delvin
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2026 3:57 pm

1.115 problem with dragging the input box

Post by delvin »

There is a :bug: problem with dragging the input box. If you drag a directory over, it will not read the contents of the folder, which means that no files in the directory have been added. This was confirmed to work properly in the previous version 1.114.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48742
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: 1.115 problem with dragging the input box

Post by xnview »

windows or macos?
delvin
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2026 3:57 pm

Re: 1.115 problem with dragging the input box

Post by delvin »

Win11, Sorry, after several tests I’ve done now, I can describe the problem in more detail: this actually happens when dragging folders, and some file types that can be processed are not recognised. I tried dragging directories containing files like .jpg and .png, and they were listed normally. Since my usual workflow mostly involves directories with eps and other vector formats, I believe this update probably didn’t handle vector files in the directory correctly during drag events (I actually tested and found that .eps or .ai files in a directory are not recognised, though it used to work fine in 1.114).
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48742
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: 1.115 problem with dragging the input box

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 48742
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France

Re: 1.115 problem with dragging the input box

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 1.11.6. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.