Command-line-option -slide <directory>

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, xnview

Post Reply
tom*de
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Command-line-option -slide <directory>

Post by tom*de » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm

Hello,

we discussed about an useful command-line-option for xnview in the TC-Forum: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=10192

Code: Select all

xnwiew -slide <directory>
z.B.:
xnview C:\PICTURES\
A) Starts a slideshow with all the files in a directory...?

It should use the slideshow-options in xnview.ini.
B) The same behavior would be useful if the slideshow-file <file.sld> only contain a list of filenames...

User avatar
helmut
Posts: 8138
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Re: [Request] Command-line-option -slide <directory>

Post by helmut » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:30 pm

Hello tom*de,

your post was in the wrong forum group, this is why it hasn't replied to, yet.
tom*de wrote:...
A) Starts a slideshow with all the files in a directory...?

It should use the slideshow-options in xnview.ini.
I like the idea of a command line option which allows for starting a slideshow of all images in folder. I guess -slide is occupied, perhaps something like -slidedir would be possible.
tom*de wrote:B) The same behavior would be useful if the slideshow-file <file.sld> only contain a list of filenames...
Also a useful feature. Generating a list of filenames can be performed easily, would be really useful to be able to simply pass the filelist on to XnView to display a slide show.

tom*de
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:08 pm

Post by tom*de » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:26 am

Hello Helmut,

sorry for the wrong posting.

Thank you for your positive answers - we are looking forward to these features.

Tom*

User avatar
xnview
Author of XnView
Posts: 29744
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:31 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Command-line-option -slide <directory>

Post by xnview » Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:26 am

tom*de wrote:Hello,

we discussed about an useful command-line-option for xnview in the TC-Forum: http://www.ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?t=10192

Code: Select all

xnwiew -slide <directory>
z.B.:
xnview C:\PICTURES\
A) Starts a slideshow with all the files in a directory...?

It should use the slideshow-options in xnview.ini.
B) The same behavior would be useful if the slideshow-file <file.sld> only contain a list of filenames...
Ok, i'll add -slide for a folder too :-)
Pierre.

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:34 pm

I'd love that if you've "xnview -slide filename.jpg" that would also start the slideshow with default options starting with filename.jpg... wouldn't be too hard to implement but will save my day!!!

Great work!!!

Post Reply