Problems with NEF from Nikon D200

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

timmomann

Problems with NEF from Nikon D200

Post by timmomann »

Hi everybody,

I´ve a Nikon D200 an take photos in NEF. Looking and transforming in XNView 1.84 is no problem-but the outcoming pictures are not good. The original NEF have good contrast, black is black etc. But after conversion with XnView (same resulution/JPG 100%) the pictures are very lightet and the colors are bad. What did I wrong? Is there an ability that XnView let the NEFs like they are and only save it in JPG???

Many thanks for your help!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Problems with NEF from Nikon D200

Post by xnview »

timmomann wrote:Hi everybody,

I´ve a Nikon D200 an take photos in NEF. Looking and transforming in XNView 1.84 is no problem-but the outcoming pictures are not good. The original NEF have good contrast, black is black etc. But after conversion with XnView (same resulution/JPG 100%) the pictures are very lightet and the colors are bad. What did I wrong? Is there an ability that XnView let the NEFs like they are and only save it in JPG???
The view is correct, and conversion not??
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

no, sorry, the preview and the conversion is in the same bad result. But I´ve installed the Version 1.84 yesterday and before I used the old version 1.4 this version used the preview enbedded in the NEF I think...?
But I´ve read in the forum about the problem with Nikon D70-it should be the same problem... Is there anybody who have good results with XnView and NEF??

Post by Guest »

maybe we can delete a .dll .. I´ve got the "old nef.dll" from the version 1.4. But after put in "plugin" there is no change-maybe XnView use an other .dll for conversion????
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:no, sorry, the preview and the conversion is in the same bad result. But I´ve installed the Version 1.84 yesterday and before I used the old version 1.4 this version used the preview enbedded in the NEF I think...?
But I´ve read in the forum about the problem with Nikon D70-it should be the same problem... Is there anybody who have good results with XnView and NEF??
Could you send me a sample, please?
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

The preview (Use Embedded Thumbnail) is ok, but te view is bad :(