Save also other options to Script

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dreamer
XnThusiast

Save also other options to Script

Post by Dreamer »

Save also options from the first tab (General) to Script, as option perhaps, e.g. Format, format options (JPEG quality), overwrite option...

It would be useful to create the script for creating thumbnails, or resize script for web sites, or script to just change the format...

BTW also pre-defined scripts might be very useful, few for resize for example.
Dreamer
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

This is similar to my requests here and here.

There were no forum responses to either topic, though.
John
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

JohnFredC wrote:This is similar to my requests here and here.

There were no forum responses to either topic, though.
The problem is: If i save in the script the load/save settings, so i need to restore them when you load the script. So global settings are changed...
Pierre.
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Perhaps some default script named "Default" would solve it. You could restore the previous settings (Default script) after an operation.

Even if the original settings would be lost, it would be better than change the settings manualy each time. So the option to "save also format options to script" might help.
Dreamer
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dreamer wrote:Perhaps some default script named "Default" would solve it. You could restore the previous settings (Default script) after an operation.

Even if the original settings would be lost, it would be better than change the settings manualy each time. So the option to "save also format options to script" might help.
Or settings for read/write are only for 'batch convert' and are restored when quitting dialog???
Pierre.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Post by JohnFredC »

xnview wrote:Or settings for read/write are only for 'batch convert' and are restored when quitting dialog???
This makes sense to me. If the script is to be applied as a Batch Conversion, then any settings changes (specific to the Batch) that are global in scope should be restored after the Batch completes.
John
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

It would be great, if this is possible, don't know if option is needed, perhaps ini option, but read/write settings should be saved to script by default, it would be very useful.

If you can't add the option, please add this option also without it, I think it should be OK.

Is it possible to save also other options, i.e. Overwrite, Use original path as output, delete original, keep original date/time...? There restore these settings after an operation too. I'm not sure if it would be useful for many users, but if they will be using the same settings, it should not affect them.
Dreamer
Dreamer
XnThusiast

Post by Dreamer »

Changed in v1.93.6 beta 1, thanks Pierre! :)

I found a problem, I'll start the new topic in the Feedback section.
Dreamer
Peter2
XnThusiast

Post by Peter2 »

Added in Version 1.93.6 from May 1, 2008.

http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?t=15011

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10