Applied update and now XnView won't even open
Moderator: xnview
-
Nagna
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:11 pm
Applied update and now XnView won't even open
Today I opened a jpeg image using XnView because I wanted to crop it. Immediately up popped a notice that there was an update. I downloaded the update and closed the open XnView window. Then I used the package installer to install the update. After that XnView would not open. I rebooted my computer but XnView still would not open. I then uninstalled XnView and reinstalled it from the XnView web site. I am running Linux Mint 22.3 and downloaded the Deb version. Every time I've installed XnView, including the update, it says the installation was successful. I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. But it won't work anymore. I've been using Linux Mint for over 12 years now and this is the very first time an update installation has led to this issue.
-
Juergen
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:46 pm
Re: Applied update and now XnView won't even open
I encountered the same problem. After installation of XnView MP 1.12.1 (message said: successfull) the programme did not start. Rebooting the computer did not help. I use Linux Mint 22.2 Zara.
Uninstalling delivered the following message:
Error while installing package: »installiertes post-installation-Skript des Paketes linux-headers-7.0.0-31-generic«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 11 zurück.
Finally, the new XnView MP 1.12.1 has been uninstalled, and I successfully installed ver 11.7 again, which runs as usual.
Uninstalling delivered the following message:
Error while installing package: »installiertes post-installation-Skript des Paketes linux-headers-7.0.0-31-generic«-Unterprozess gab den Fehlerwert 11 zurück.
Finally, the new XnView MP 1.12.1 has been uninstalled, and I successfully installed ver 11.7 again, which runs as usual.
-
Nagna
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:11 pm
Re: Applied update and now XnView won't even open
Glad to know I'm not alone with this issue.
I tried to install 1.11.7 but I'm getting either a 'The requested URL was not found on this server' message from the main download page; or if I search and find an xnview page that says 'You can download XnView MP 1.11.7 here:' and I select the Linux Deb option, download it and install the package, it tells me it is 1.12.1 and it's back to not even opening. I tried searching for 1.11.7 on other sites without success. I guess I'll have to find an alternative to xnview that actually works.
I tried to install 1.11.7 but I'm getting either a 'The requested URL was not found on this server' message from the main download page; or if I search and find an xnview page that says 'You can download XnView MP 1.11.7 here:' and I select the Linux Deb option, download it and install the package, it tells me it is 1.12.1 and it's back to not even opening. I tried searching for 1.11.7 on other sites without success. I guess I'll have to find an alternative to xnview that actually works.