Subject: does not start up
XnView: MP 1.12.x - 64 bit .deb
OS: Linux Mint /64bit
XnView does not start after update from 1.11.7 to any newer version. So 1.11.7 is the last version that works.
Effect: can not run XnView. Deleting and reinstalling does not solve the problem.
To reproduce:
1. update to 1.12.0 or 1.12.1 .deb
2. try to run XnView
3. nothing will happen
Actual behaviour: won't run
Workaround: I went back to 1.11.7
Can not run XnView:MP 1.12.x .deb after update -LinuxMint
Moderators: xnview, Dreamer
-
gekko7
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:59 pm
-
cday
- XnThusiast
- Posts: 4616
- Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:45 am
- Location: Cheltenham, U.K.
Re: Can not run XnView:MP 1.12.x .deb after update -LinuxMint
Please see this very recent thread: Applied update and now xnview won't even open.
As a Linux Mint DEB user myself I normally delay installing new versions...
As a Linux Mint DEB user myself I normally delay installing new versions...