I am currently using XNView to final process large HiRISE JP2 images.
Detail is very important to me. Color and 'cuteness' are of little importance.
I have had great success with XNView in the work, and haven't any better choice of editor for resampling and final conversion . I routinely use Mitchel currently, and can resize from 3X to 10X with preserved detail and line quality.
Is there any better resampling method for technical detail and line preservation than Mitchel?
Is there a link for accessing controls in the Mitchel process to tune the effects?
Can image sections be 'imported' as smaller JP2's into the XNView editor for processing as JP2's directly from other viewer/editors?
Can the 'reduce noise' effects process be tuned to reduce the original image pixel size 'pixellation' lineations while retaining fine image detail with JP2's and other file types upon resize or resampling?
Info about Resampling algorithms
Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.
Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:18 am
- Location: OKC, OK
- Moderator & Librarian
- Posts: 6190
- Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:00 am
- Location: Ref Desk
- America's Wonderlands
- Vitaly Bursuk
- Cambridge in Colour
- Digital Darkroom Forum
- Stair Interpolation Pro: v2.0 / v2.5
- Resize Pro
- Graphics & Media Lab (Computer Science Department, Moscow State University)
- Photo-Brush: Resize and Resample
- Image Analyzer
- Plugins » Fractal interpolation
- Help » Examples
- Image Analyzer
- Panorama Tools
- General Cathexis (SAR Image Processor)
- Bart van der Wolf
- Peter Werner
- XnView Forum
- Speed of High quality zoom, more HQ zoom options?
- FAQ: How to resize images with text (screenshots)
- Resampling - which algorithm is best?
- Image Resize
- 'High Zoom Quality' algorithm
- Better resize
- Resizing a picture
- what is the best filter to resize an image
- resample dialog (advanced options, batch convert)
- best scale/resize method?
- Will be possible to choose a better resize algorith in Full?
- HQ Resizing: Testing speed and asking for new options
- Resize Image: Resampling methods
- High-quality arbitrary-angle rotation
- Question about resizing in XnView
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:09 pm